Reports out of Spain have suggested that Cristiano Ronaldo may consider making an MLS move to finish off his spectacular career.
In a recent interview, Ronaldo told GQ Magazine “Maybe in the future will be a good chance for me to play there [in America]”
The three time world player of the year would certainly be a tough get. It would be expected that most, if not all, MLS teams will offer him a lucrative contract.
First, you have to consider his discovery rights. Ronaldo’s discovery rights will be controlled by whichever team approaches him first. Without the discovery rights attempt to sign him, they’ll have to give up all their TAM, GAM, and all other types of allocation money Don Garber creates in the next couple of years.
More from Toronto Reds
Let’s speculate, and assume Toronto FC are able to secure Ronaldo’s discovery rights one way, or another. You have to convince Ronaldo to sign for Toronto. Here are some ways we could do that.
- A Billion dollar contract
- Toronto has 188,000 Portuguese
- An Argos contract
- A stake in MLSE
- His own ‘Bitchy the Hawk’
- Put his jersey on the wall of honor before he signs his contract
- A pitch divot with his name on it
- His own Roots collection
- Exclusive interview with the new TFC girl whose name nobody knows.
- Tell Ronaldo that Toronto is in the U.S.
On a serious note – What would you be willing to give to sign Cristiano Ronaldo? Leave your response on social media, or in the comments below!